Grout Cleaning and Tile Cleaning
Polished and colorful ceramic tiles housed within clean looking grout borders add a touch of sparkling charm to your home.
Maintaining and cleaning tiles and grouts, however, can be messy work and take up valuable time that you don't have. For some, this task remains on the "to do" list for years and never seems to get done.
You should periodically clean and maintain your ceramic tiles for them to look their best. However when floor, wall or countertop tiles demand professional attention, trust Seattle Carpet Cleaning to provide you with the best service in town. You can rely on us get your tiles and grout looking brand new.
Call us 206-219-3723 for your ceramic tile floor cleaning treatment, which includes:
- Removing loose dirt using the best vacuuming methods.
- Employing the finest pH neutral cleansing materials-specially formulated for thorough cleansing of ceramic tiles and grouts.
- Repeated and thorough rinsing of surfaces in order to ensure that no cleaning materials remain.
Grout Cleaning Tips
If you would like to try cleaning grout by yourself, here's what you can do:
- Before grout cleaning, wipe away excess wet buildup with paper towels or a white terry-cloth towel. If grout is crumbling, consider replacing it.
- When cleaning, make sure to wear rubber or latex gloves and safety goggles. Open all windows to avoid exposure to the harsh chemical fumes of bleach-containing solutions.
- Spray on a commercial grout cleaner or a heavy-duty all-purpose cleaning solution with bleach. Wait for several minutes.
- Scrub grout with a stiff scrubbing brush or a grout brush, then rinse thoroughly.
- Wipe out mold, mildew or tough stains with a bleach-containing cleanser, or you can make your own by using 1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) of chlorine bleach and 1 qt. (32 fl oz/1 l) of warm water. Let the disinfectant sit for at least 10 minutes to thoroughly kill the mold and mildew.
- Scrub the grout with a stiff brush or a grout brush, rinse, then dry with a white towel or paper towels.
- The grout should now be shiny and clean. Make sure to keep it that way. Apply one to three coats of commercial grout sealer with a small brush or paintbrush.
- Reapply the grout sealer annually.
- Keep mold, mildew and stains in check through regular cleanings with a bleach based cleanser.
- Make sure you seal the grout after cleaning.
- Warning! Never mix bleach with an ammonia-based product such as glass cleaner.
Call on the Seattle Carpet Cleaning tile cleaning experts at 206-219-3723 to restore your grouts and tiles to their original lustrous beauty. We will come to your home or office and get the job done-quickly and professionally. Your tiles will once again look exquisitely colorful and decorative.